Nathan B
Nathan B, Mechanic
Experience:  20+ years experience working on a wide range of vehicles both as an employee and also running my own garage
27720961

I have peugeot 407 1.6hdi, got a problem with the boost,

Customer Question

Hi I have peugeot 407 1.6hdi, got a problem with the boost, could be solenoid valve in my opinion but not sure I've been looking at the actuator few months back and at the engine start up it stayed up and soonest as I accelerated it was going down (vacuum sucks it to give a boost) and now something happen and on engine start up it get suck down and it stays right on the bottom all the time I attached the camera to see it if it moves while driving but it's down all the time, I've disconnected the hose and checked is like constant suction on it any advice? Cheers
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will wait there is no rush with this problem
Expert:  Nathan B replied 1 year ago.
Hi there Welcome to ja.comI hope I can be of assistance to you with this problem.OK, it seems like the solenoid valve is stuck open and so the actuator is in the open position all the time. You will have to trace the vacuum pipe back from the actuator to the valve and then remove the pipe from the solenoid and see if it is sucking constantly there. If it is then once you replace that solenoid it should be OK again. You can pick up a good solenoid from a breakers yard for quite cheap so it should be a cheap fix.I hope this has helped you on this matter and if you require any further help on this problem you can still post on here even once you have accepted my answer as this doesn't close out the question and i do like to think that my customers are fully happy with the service I provide.Also if you require help in the future you can contact me via my profile on this site and I will be happy to help you again.Please rate my answer as this is how I get paid.Thank you in advanceNathan