350matt
350matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng Hons, worked in the car industry for last 22 years
12772297

I have a peugeot 508 1.6 and I have a problem .On the screen

Hi,I have a peugeot 508 1.6 and I have a problem .On the screen it shows me gearbox fault.what does it mean? Thanks
Category: Peugeot
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My car doesn't work anymore.How much is gonna cost me to fixt it.Thanks
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  350matt replied 10 months ago.
hello I'm assuming that this is the automatic transmission ?so as you have an error message by far the quickest route to repair is to plug in a scan tool to read off the fault code - this will point to the fault but you could also check the transmission fluid level as the 1st step as they are very sensitive to fluid level the fill plug should be on top of the unit once you've removed the air filter boxbut if this is the automated manual box then there's sadly not much you can do on a DIY basis and the car will need dealer attention as only they carry the specialised kit to re-programme the controller and check the hydraulic systemI'd estimate about £100 for the initial diagnostic and a further £200-400 for remedial work
350matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience: BEng Hons, worked in the car industry for last 22 years
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi,thanks for your guick response.
Before the car stooped working we booked an appointment to chinese garage Bromley on 6 june to check the car . Is it possible to go earlier somewhere to fix it because now it doesn't work at all.we have to use the platform to take it.