Nathan B
Nathan B, Mechanic
Experience:  20+ years experience working on a wide range of vehicles both as an employee and also running my own garage
27720961

We have a 1999 Peugot Cabriolet 306 petrol powered, which

Customer Question

We have a 1999 Peugot Cabriolet 306 petrol powered, which has just done 50k genuine miles. Gives us no problems. But recently as soon as I turn the key on, a small red light comes on just to the left of the left hand ventilator screen knurled control wheel. The handbook makes no reference to this light. Could you please advise its significance aand should we be worried about it
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 6 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It seems the money I paid has been wasted as now 3 days since my first and likely to be ONLY question
"Your Username is:***@******.*** Your OrderID: 16313539-333"
about my 1999 Peugot. With the resources that I assumed you had I expected an answer by now. I did not expect to have to tell you that Peugot have a head office and plant in France with all there engineers who built the car. Do I have to give you their telephone # ***** will you be able to to manage that on your own. Very disappointed.
Michael Cotter
Thank you for getting back to me and apologies that you have not received an answer yet. We have a range of Professionals online all the time. However specialties differ, and we are searching for the right professional to assist you.
Should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  350matt replied 6 months ago.

hi

do you still need help?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Its amazing how quick a telephone call to France can take to get the belated answer to a simple question. When will you make it?
Expert:  350matt replied 6 months ago.

OK

there's a temperature warning light on the dash by the gauge to warn of an impending overheat situation / like on this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qvRgoCtxD4

the other possibility if the light is a very small ( about 3-4mm in diameter) and on steadily then it could be an aftermarket security system?

does this small light go out once driving? are there any associated faults to go with the light? like a lack of power?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Did you read the original enquiry in which I said
"But recently as soon as I turn the key on, a small red light comes on just to the left of the left hand ventilator screen knurled control wheel.?" It does not go out at any time remains on as long as the key is on. Please give me my money back as your "service" has been a waste of money.
I will contact the Peugot factory myself.
Expert:  350matt replied 6 months ago.

understood

good luck