350matt
350matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng Hons, worked in the car industry for last 22 years
12772297

Peugeot 106 petrol car won't start until I connect wire from

Customer Question

Peugeot 106 petrol car won't start until I connect wire from battery to fuel pump then car will run ( but not getting any power to pump
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  350matt replied 1 year ago.

hello

this sounds like the fuel pump relay unit thats located underneath the main ECU is faulty

its brown double width unit that will cost about £45 to replace but failure of these is not uncommon

Expert:  350matt replied 1 year ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning andthis is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash issplit between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on thisquestion if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you