350matt
350matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng Hons, worked in the car industry for last 22 years
12772297

Peugeot 407 16v low on power plugged in by Peugeot dealer

Peugeot 407 16v low on power plugged in by Peugeot dealer found no faults.
Any help very much appreciated
Thanks Kevin
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  350matt replied 1 year ago.

I'm assuming that this is the petrol 2.0 ltr?

so the 1st thing to check is are all the cylinder compression's within 10-15 psi of each other ? as this will show if the engine is basically healthy and if the cam timing is correct

It’s also worth getting the fuel pressure checked as if this is low due to a blocked filter or faulty regulator or even a poorly pump will all result in insufficient fuel being delivered to the engine and so then be low on power

and I'd also pull the intake hose off and with the ignition on but engine off and have your assistant press and hold down the accelerator so you can check that the throttle blade is opening fully

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This car is diesel can you answer Asaph please
Kevin
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  350matt replied 1 year ago.

hello

Ok the advice about checking compression still stands and its also worth checking the fuel pressure too as diesels are very sensitive to this