Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I have a Peugeot partner 2006 , I have just bought it second

Hi , I have a Peugeot partner 2006 , I have just bought it second hand , and after driving it around locally it keeps getting exhaust fumes in the car , I have checked the main exhaust there are no blows but i did notice the turbo is sweating oil could the feumes be comming from there .
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi..there..

You would more or less smell hot oil/oil burning smell if it was coming from the turbo or the leak associated with it..if the oil is is around the centre core section.then it could be the oil feel line o-ring is leaking or the return line gasketunderneath....but it couldnt see it unless the connecting pipe exhaust to the turbo itself via is leaking you normally notice that with alot off soot deposits...Id say maybe check around the EGR valve and along the cooler at the back..and then maybe inspect the injector lower gas seals around the base for any carbon build up incase any gases are escaping between those