Doug C.
Doug C., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Technician
21364095

My car says the rear left door is open but its not. Cant

Customer Question

My car says the rear left door is open but its not. Cant lock the car. Auto lock keeps trying to lock it. Courtesy light is on. Peugeot 308 SW 2008
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Doug C. replied 1 year ago.

When this happens usually this will be a result of a stuck door switch. Look around the door opening for a small plunger/button that would be pressed down when the door shuts... this will be the door switch. Remove the switch and unplug it and see if the light goes out... if it does you know you just have a bad door switch to replace. If you do not see a door switch, you may have the later style with the switch integrated into the door latch. In this instance similar behavior applies, just a bit more work... pop the interior panels off ahead of the door and unplug the door harness thereby unplugging the latch. Again if the lights go out, the switch is the problem (in this case, a latch assembly is in order). On your 08 you should still have the standalone switches in the door jam I believe though.

If the lights remain on even with the offending doors switch unplugged, you would suspect a problem either with the body control module or the wiring between the module and the switch.