350matt
350matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng Hons, worked in the car industry for last 22 years
12772297

I have a peugeot bipper with a 1.3hdi engine. I took it to a

Customer Question

I have a peugeot bipper with a 1.3hdi engine. I took it to a mchanic to do a timing chain replacement. He said someone had used loctite on the bolt holding the camshaft in place and the bolt has broken off. He said that there was a danger if he tried to get the rest out it could break off in the camshaft meaning i would be left without an engine. He put it all back together and suggested I could either give him more time to try and get the bolt out and risk the engine or look at a replacement engine. Do you think a peugeot main dealer will be able to help as they are more used to working on these engines?
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: I have given all the details i can think of.
Assistant: Brilliant. Thank you. I'll now take you to a secure page to place your deposit with JustAnswer. Once the deposit is received, we'll continue helping you with your question.
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  350matt replied 1 year ago.

hello

I'd agree that contacting a main dealer or Peugeot specialist should be the next step as you may need to replace the cam as a whole if the bolt has a fragment stuck inside and these

if you can tell me your location I'll try and make a suggestion for a garage

Expert:  350matt replied 1 year ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you