Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I have a peugeot 206 diesel which runs ok but when under

I have a peugeot 206 diesel which runs ok but when under load will produce some black smoke from the exhaust, I am not sure its the injectors or fuel pump, someone mentioned calibration or syncronization. Can you please help
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi..there

What diesel engine does it have?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1398cc what type I do not know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry must go to the dentist appointment. E- mail me and I will pick it up latter. By Tom.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

1398cc - well it will be a 1.4HDI engine...has the EGR been checked or cleaned out..would be the first thing to check,not the easiest things to get too by any means due to the cramped engine compartment and will be normally located at the back of the engine looking into the engine bay on the right side down the back..you see a metal tube down the back if you follow that you come to it.looks like saucer shaped objected witha single vacuum hose into it .its vaccum controlled so they need to check it performs..you say the car seems to run ok so that could rule out any fuel /turbo system problems...and i dont see what would need to be calibrated or syncronised unless your fuel pump timing is out slightly...have you tried a fuel injector cleaner additive or higher octane diesel in the tank and good run might help