350matt
350matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng Hons, worked in the car industry for last 22 years
12772297

I have just changed front pads and discs and the auxiliary

I have just changed front pads and discs and the auxiliary belt on a 2014 Peugeot partner tepee 1.6 and the eobd warning light came on when restarting. Couple of days later the car has gone into limp mode. I'm hoping there is a simple answer as no obvious problems. Can anyone offer a bit of advice please.
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  350matt replied 5 months ago.

On any car if you get a check engine light or other fault light this typically means one or mor eof the sensors has failed or has a faulty connection.

The fault can be something quite simple and nothing that’s going to stop the car to something quite major that will reduce engine power and possibly stop the engine

The ECU senses this and may put the car into 'limp home' mode which typically limits the revs and the amount of power available. Usually the car is safe to drive for a short distance as the mode is intended is intended to get you home without incurring any engine damage

The quickest route to repair is to have the car plugged into a diagnostic machine which will read off the fault code stored in the ECU (providing the light is still on at this point) and indicate which sensor has failed or whether the fault is more serious.

You can do a very rough and ready check yourself by unplugging sensors one at a time and seeing if any of them change the driving condition which would indicate the most recently unplugged sensor is the faulty one. This method is not foolproof though and reading a fault code off is the better method.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for information. I had a look arround engine bay and found a connector just above area where I replaced auxiliary belt that I must have knocked and after driving it must have come off completely so after re-connecting all faults lights have gone off and car is driving perfectly now.
Expert:  350matt replied 5 months ago.

Glad to have helped

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you

Expert:  350matt replied 5 months ago.

t

350matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience: BEng Hons, worked in the car industry for last 22 years