350matt
350matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng Hons, worked in the car industry for last 22 years
12772297

I can't open my sunroof on a Peugeot 307 1.7HDi 2004. I have

Customer Question

Hello, I can't open my sunroof on a Peugeot 307 1.7HDi 2004. I have tried the switch but there seems no action, not sure if there's a motor issue or not. I have read that it might need resetting?
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  350matt replied 1 year ago.

1st thing to check is the condition of the sunroof motor fuse , this should be number 4 in the fusebox in the glove compartment

check that the connections for the fuse are also bright and clean and if thats all fine then use a voltmeter across the terminals to measure for 12V whilst your assistant operates the switch with the ignition on

if you have power but still no action then its possible that the motor is burnt out? this can be checked by removing the headlining to expose the motor and there's a screwdriver slot in the end of the motor so you can manually open and close the roof

this would show if the mechanism is the issue

Expert:  350matt replied 1 year ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you