Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

307 with broken dipstick. 10 years old 307. the plastic

Customer Question

307 with broken dipstick. 10 years old 307 . the plastic dipstick has broken off and I can't get the rest of it out the new dipstick stops about 6 inches short. I have put the cap back in place. Can I ram a flexible rod down the tube to clear the old dipstick or something else?
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi..there..

If it is broken an inch or so from the bottom you could push a flexiable rod down to clear the way for a new one to go in and force the old bit into the sump where it will lay on the bottom. This is not ideal of course but unlikely to do any harm as there is a strainer on the oil pipe to stop debris going into the engine..if the dipstick broke halfway and there is still at least half in the tube..your best advice is to get the sump taken off to pull the old dipstick out..Its certainly not uncommon to see or come across on these cars aswell as the citroens that use those plastic dipsticks..