350matt
350matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng Hons, worked in the car industry for last 22 years
12772297

I have just put super ethanol e85 in my 308 08 plate car

Customer Question

I have just put super ethanol e85 in my 308 08 plate car will it be ok
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  350matt replied 1 year ago.

hello

this all depends on how much regular petrol was in the tank before you added the E85

as you can get away with about 20% ethanol in regular fuel with no ill effects so its not like putting petrol in a diesel engine

e85 won't actually harm the engine but the ECU needs adjusting to cope with it so if its misfiring and struggling to accelerate then the fuel will have to be siphoned out and re-filled with fresh

Expert:  350matt replied 1 year ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning andthis is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash issplit between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on thisquestion if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you