350matt
350matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng Hons, worked in the car industry for last 22 years
12772297

I have a prgeot 207 sw 1.6 hdi.have been having issues with

Customer Question

hi ,I have a prgeot 207 sw 1.6 hdi.have been having issues with anti pollution alarms for some time on and off.
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  350matt replied 1 year ago.

this may be an issue with the FAP system

In the exhaust is a soot filter known to PSA as a FAP. It runs very hot to burn some of the soot off every few thousand miles. It uses an additive is called Eolys and is stored next to the diesel tank with a computer controlled dosing mechanism.

+

If you don't drive it long enough, fast enough; then the regeneration process won't commence and the filter will block. Take it for a 40 minute blast down a empty dual carriageway; As you need to maintain above 50mph for around six minutes - that will start the process.

Alternatively; take it to your dealer or Peugeot specialist for a forced regeneration. If it's done more than 50,000 they will probably just fit a new FAP and top up the additive. this will cost £6-800.

Expert:  350matt replied 1 year ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you