Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I have a Peugeot 203 Allure convertible, and for the last

I have a Peugeot 203 Allure convertible, and for the last few days, an alarm has been sounding inside the car. It's not the actual alarm, but is a constant beeping, no warning lights are showing up on the dashboard, and it sounds while I am driving, as soon as I stop the noise stops. Any ideas what could be causing it? Your help would be most appreciated.
Sharon
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi..there..

Have you had any problems with central locking or the roof itself? has the roof been opened and closed recently?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I haven't had any problems with the central locking, and the roof has been down several times.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Ok...Normally if you hear a beeping whilst driving means that the car/roof ecu is seeing or senses roof/boot lid isn't closed fully / properly latched..these roofs have upto about 11 microswitches intotal that sense the roof position open and closed..so even if one these isnt working properly can cause a continues beeping when a certain speed is reached usually beyond 5mph..to alert you that as above isnt fully closed..its a fairly complex system these roofs so it sometimes even diagnostically scanning the roof ecu can usually pin point which sensor is at fault..you could of course cycle the roof but considering you have done by having it opened and shut several times should of helped....

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, I will open and close it a few more times, just to make sure that nothing if blocking it and that it works properly. I won't do that now, but will try tomorrow and see if that fixes the problem, I will come back to you to let you know if it has has done the trick.
Sharon
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi..9 times out of 10 its usually a locking /microswitch fault that causes the beeping to occur..but yep try suggested above............

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey there Robert,
I have just re-opened and closed my roof, and it has sorted the problem; so thank you for your help and advice.
Sharon :)