350matt
350matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng Hons, worked in the car industry for last 22 years
12772297

I have an abs light on my dash when I first brake there is a

Customer Question

Hi I have an abs light on my dash when I first brake there is a grinding noise and then when light come on its fine what could it be
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  350matt replied 1 year ago.

if you have a grinding noise under braking then I'd suggest the next step is to check the levels of all the pads and also the condition of the wheel bearings

as the ABS light can be caused by a faulty bearing allowing the hub to hit the sensor so jack the car up so the wheel is off the ground (you’ll need to do this for all 4 corners) and shake the tyre from top to bottom and from side to side (with someone holding the steering wheel on the front) there should be no play in either direction. Any play in 1 direction will usually require a joint to be replaced, if there’s play in both directions then the wheel bearing may be at fault