Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

When I start up the engine of my 2010 308 Peugeot after a

Hi Robert,
When I start up the engine of my 2010 308 Peugeot after a couple of seconds the dashboard shows the following message "engine fault repair needed" and the fan gets on immediately although the engine is cold.
Any suggestions of what can cause this.
Jerome
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi..there..

Could be several things..but the majority ofthe time with these with the fan kicking on at cold even though the cars never been driven would suggest a faulty coolant temp sensor on the thermostat housing..its quite common for these to go faulty and casue problems like this..id say at least that would be the first thingto replace..but it would be suggested from here to get the car plugged in first and verfiy the fault first before you go replacing it..as some of these engines dont have a sensor on the housing but is integeral and requires the housing to be replaced along with a upgraded wiring loom to the thermostat housing and added external temp sensor...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your prompt and detailed answer. Much helpful.