350matt
350matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng Hons, worked in the car industry for last 22 years
12772297

I have just bought a 2006 Peugeot 407 executive automatic

I have just bought a 2006 Peugeot 407 executive automatic and travelled 160 miles to work and the Emission control system warning light has come on. It is a 2ltr diesel with 70200 miles on the clock and serviced at 70000 miles, it also has a full service history.
Alan Coleman
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 9 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  350matt replied 9 months ago.

hello

an emissions warning usually means a problem with the oxygen sensor in the exhaust

to confirm this then by far the best route is to plug in a scan tool and pull off the fault code

as while the o2 sensor is very likely it could also be a problem with the DPF clogging up or a lack of Adblue fluid

so I don't want you to start replacing parts without a fault code to back it up

Expert:  350matt replied 9 months ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you

350matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience: BEng Hons, worked in the car industry for last 22 years