350matt
350matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng Hons, worked in the car industry for last 22 years
12772297

I have a Peugeot 308 hdi sport and ever since having tail

Customer Question

I have a Peugeot 308 hdi sport and ever since having tail lights ot to replace bulbs I am getting water coming into boot
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 12 months ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  350matt replied 12 months ago.

hello

this sounds like the foam rubber gasket that seals the lights may have been displaced or has taken a set so can no longer form a seal

I'd suggest to remove the lights entirely and check over the gasket for rips or tears and when you refit them use a smear of black silicone sealent around all the seal edge to ensure its watertight

please note that the sealent needs at least an hour to set before testing the seal with a hosepipe

Expert:  350matt replied 11 months ago.

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you