350matt
350matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng Hons, worked in the car industry for last 22 years
12772297

I have Peugeot 206 1.4 petrol automatic 2002 and got an

Customer Question

Hello there. I have Peugeot 206 1.4 petrol automatic 2002 and got an error in the gearbox management saying fault code 82
Automatic transmission control unit. Remote intermittent fault. Function ESP. Coherence.
It is keep showing up in the diagnostic. Pls help cause can't find any info about it.
Cheers Milen
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  350matt replied 1 month ago.

to get and ESP error message then this really needs plugging into a a dealer level scan tool which can delve a little deeper than the regular scan tools and point directly at the fault

However with ABS and ESP systems 99% of the time its a problem with one of the wheel speed sensors and I'd first check the connections at all four corners first for any signs of corrosion or chafed wiring.
The sensor is located in the wheel hub so you'll have to remove each wheel in turn to inspect them all.
Also check that the toothed wheel that the sensor points to is clean and free of any debris.
you can check each sensor's function by plugging the two output wires into an AC voltmeter and spinning the wheel quite quickly, you should get a voltage signal that increases with rev's.

Its possible that the fault is only a bad connection to one of the wheel sensors.
This may be remedied by removing each wheel in turn and unplugging each sensor and cleaning the contacts with a squirt of electrical contact cleaner. Then refitting.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello Matt,
The fault code I have asked for is shown by the original software of Peugeot, I am not using any multi functional diagnostic tool. The vin of my car is VF32AKFWR42056247 so you can see that the vehicle has no ABS function at all so the suggestion you have make is no good for me. The problem is that the car gives only this error and nothing else. All other fault codes have been cleared. The problem witch has the car is that when you start it works normal but after a while feels like stick in third gear which cause lack of power and even if you switch off and start it again won't make difference. You have to wait sometime and gets back to normal. We have change te request converter and the valve body with brand new plus the strainer in the gearbox and used te full original overhaul kit for the gearbox. All parts are brand new. The diagnostic show that everything is ok but we have problem with the performance and also this error stays so it must be related with my problem. Cheers Milen
Expert:  350matt replied 1 month ago.

Ok

thanks for the extra information

I'm wondering if you actually have an engine fault? as Code P0082 is your Intake Valve Control Solenoid Circuit Low.

If the valve is not getting power then you will have this problem of a lack of power

The wiring will have to be checked and if the wiring is okay have the valve replaced as they can sludge up with old oil deposits

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello Matt, the Car has no any other faults. This is the only one which show up and is in gearbox section. As I stated before and that's why I have send you the screenshot. This fault code is not P0082 it is just 82. The performance of the engine is perfect but gearbox gave me trouble. Here I a sending you the fault description. In the beginning of the discussion I have wrote it down. Here is again the screenshots
Expert:  350matt replied 1 month ago.

Ok

I'm going to have to opt out and open this up to others

good luck