Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

Have a Peugeot 308 HDI year 2011, bought second hand and

Hi there have a Peugeot 308 HDI year 2011, bought second hand and took for a long run today, 200 km, has diesel smell in cabin, still under warranty, what's your advice please, thanks Vivien
Assistant: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: 2011 I assume and serviced in March this year
Assistant: Are you fixing your 307 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, it's a 308' just had it two weeks and will take to garage to fix, was serviced at a garage
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's it thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Hi..there..

If you can smell diesel in the cabin then you either have leaking around the injectors,return lines or the injectors seals are leaking..you often know that if you see alot of wetness around the injectors themselves..so certainly have that checked out..if was recently serviced then an reinspection of the fuel filter if that was replaced would need to be carried out to ensure no leaks have occurred there by not fitting the lines back in properly.but often that would cause a runing fault..so id maybe focus attaention at the injectors for checking for now..if its a diesel fume smell? then obviously checks need to be had on the front end sections of the exhaust system from the turbo back as well as the EGR circuit and valve for leaks..hope this helps

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks Robert, it's only doing it when idling or starting up which I forgot to mention.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

No problem.. Yeah id still certainly check those items above..if its fuel smell then the injectors lines to filter would be ideally checked..if its diesel fumes..then the areas above i mentioned would be checked..its vital that the exhaust system and egr circuit is checked especailly if fumes are entering the cabin..