Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

The engine fault light with exclamation came on this eve on

Customer Question

The engine fault light with exclamation mark came on this eve on my drive home. The speed limiter stopped working and could not be re-selected. I was close to home so drove on and it seemed to drive ok. It is a 2 year old 19,000 miles 2008 1.2 VTi Feline Petrol, had from new, fully serviced, most recently within a week and only 80 miles driven since. Left it 30 minutes and when I restarted it the message 'Engine Fault: Repair Needed' is briefly displayed.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Peugeot
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Will I be able to drive car to dealership (3 miles) or does it need to be collected?, likely cause?, covered by warranty?
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Hi..there..

Well the car will be still under dealer warranty so any fault outside of driver error or wear and tear id imagine be covered anyway...it would be difficult to say exactly or pin point it to certain area on the car without knowing what fault codes your dealing with,once you have these then you can return here on advice as to whats steps to take next..you'll only know these code once its been scanned properly..if it been serviced recently then obviously a re-trace of steps during that service needs to be carried out to ensure nothing has been knocked or not properly plugged in that the ECM monitors sensor wise....However i dont see why driving it 3 miles to your dealer will do any harm if it seems to be running ok as you say...