Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Got a snapped glow plug in 1.6hdi partner van? Assistant:

Customer Question

got a snapped glow plug in 1.6hdi partner van ?
Assistant: What is the model/year of your Peugeot?
Customer: Partner escapade 1,6 hdi 2006
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Its still running ok but blowing puffs of white smoke on start up
Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Have you been losing oil or coolant?
Customer: 80,000
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No loss of fluids
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 16 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The smoke can be due to the glow plug not operating causing excess fuel into the exhaust.I have seen this issue before in the past and had to remove and replace the glow plug.You may have to use an ez out to remove it and in a worse case scenario the cylinder head would need removed to then remove and replace this broken glow plug to resolve these issues.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete