Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

My 207 1.4 hdi 2010,battery earth strap snapped while I was

Customer Question

My 207 1.4 hdi 2010,battery earth strap snapped while I was driving.After fixing the central locking doesn't respond after the car has been left for 5 minutes.i unlock the door by key,the central locking unlocks when I turn the ignition key.if I remove the key and leave the car it locks with the remote.I have done half a dozen bsi resets but with no change.Can you advise please
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 17 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The control unit for the central locking may have been damaged when the earth snapped.I have seen a surge or spike in voltage cause damage to control units/ecu's causing a fault like this here before.

What needs to be done is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a fully compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your model that can read all computers to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set then need diagnosed to then locate and repair this issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I have reasonable experience with cars but nothing too in depth with ecu/control units.I knew that haven't my car plugged in would point me in the right direction.So you haven't really helped me with this issue.

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this myself here.I will have to see if anyone else here can help further.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete