Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I got Peugeot 307 estate 54 plate and when I use the gear to

Hi i got Peugeot 307 estate 54 plate and when I use the gear to slow down there's a fun sound it goes slightly quite when you push in the cluch what is it and is it expensive to repair
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Peugeot
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it makes the sound when I take my foot of the gas pedal as well
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Hi..there..

Can you describe if possible what the noise sounds like?

Does it get louder as you increase speed?

How many miles on the car?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No not when I speed up when I slow down 89600 the noise is like a grawling
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Ok...

Assuming you dont have leaking exhaust - If the noise changes in pitch or alters when you depress the clutch pedal..then it likely going by what your describing an issue with the gearbox or the clutch assembly or release bearing itself..its difficulty to guage these things over the net..in which case the best idea would be to get the car up on lift and basically run the car through its gears..whilst someone under the car listens to the gearbox to see if the noise is audiable outside of the car...having said that its not unusal at all to see problems with the gearboxes in these cars, transmission / diff bearings..it might be worth at least getting the gearbox oil drained out and inspected as this could give an insight as to if the gearbox internally is wearing by the checking the drained oil for mettalic filings,swarf...so well worth checking...but if a new/secondhand prefered is installed then it makes sense to the clutch at the same time..hope this helps

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

No problem glad to help..... please dont forget to leave a rating for me..much appreciated..