Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I have an RCZ 200hp, new to me, I seem to have a fairly

Customer Question

Hi, I have an RCZ 200hp, new to me, I seem to have a fairly typical fault, engine fault light with not exactly limp home mode, but a loss of power, still drivable, no bad noises. Not overly noisy on start up, if left for awhile may recover until pushed, at which point it does it again. Replaced turbo waste valve solenoid at a mini specialist, the code hinted at that, no difference.
I am expecting cam chain or high pressure fuel pump, but without help from the obd, is there a way to narrow it down? Thanks for any help you can give, Mark McCabe.
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 11 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing that needs to be done is to have the fault codes re checked to see what codes are set.Any codes set then need diagnosed to then locate and repair this issue here.If you have not had the exhaust tested for excessive back pressure this should be done to see if this is an issue with a plugged exhaust component.If this is all found to be o.k. then the fuel system needs tested to see if any issues are found.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete