350matt
350matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng Hons, worked in the car industry for last 22 years
12772297

Peugeot 405 LX 1996 diesel how can I bypass the keypad on

Peugeot 405 LX 1996 diesel how can I bypass the keypad on centre armrest to start it?
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  350matt replied 23 days ago.

on some 405's there 's a key switch under the bonnet behind the l/h headligh to turn off the alarm so look for that 1st

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Well how can I then start the car bypassing the code box?
Expert:  350matt replied 23 days ago.

1st thing to try is moving the switch and see if the ignition key becomes live all the time

if this doesn't work then If you have the code, on most models you can then enter the code (to go from 'red' to 'green') and then unplug the keypad then you do not have to worry about it again.

Caution: Disconnecting battery will need the keypad plugging back in and the code entering. This may also apply in its current 'state' too.

Default code is 1111 , although the previous owner / seller should have the code, its not obtainable out of the ECU or from the dealer as its changeable very easily,

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Hi Matt I found a lock thing behind the ns headlamp but I don't have a key to fit. However I had disconnected the battery and on recoection I entered my original code and it started, even though the alarm is disconnected under the glove box. So it looks like problem solved. I see there are wires coming from the alarm lock, if these were cut and joined together would that be what would happen if a key was turned? And then the alarm could be reconnected and separating the wires to rearm the alarm? Thanks Don
Expert:  350matt replied 20 days ago.

Hello Don

I'm not sure if the disable key switch is a switch on or a switch off

best to use a meter to do a continuity test into the wires with a scalpel blade and confirm what is currently connected to what as you'd imagine its not as simple as just cutting 1 wire

Expert:  350matt replied 15 days ago.

do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I have already left a rating