Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Rear light cluster not working Assistant: Just to clarify,

Customer Question

rear light cluster not working
Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: well, weird one. few weeks ago it was the whole side of the right cluster, changed all lights, mechanic looked at it said i needed a new circuit board and went i drove it again it started working. now the left side has stopped, started working again and stopped again, whole side brakes rear lights and indicators
Assistant: What is the model/year of your Peugeot?
Customer: peugeot 308, 2009
Assistant: Are you fixing your 307 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: brought it to mechanic when left side stopped working and was told needed a new circuit board, this started working again and now the left side isnt working. i am just trying to find out online where/who is the best place/person to go to to get the actual diagnosis i near paid 100 for a new circuit board on left side when 2 weeks later right side stops. i dont think the fault lies with the circuit boards seems to be something more central
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: how much is it for u to connect me and what service are you offering please
Assistant: It's only $5.
Customer: ok can i pay via paypal why a 13 fully refundable deposit. sorry i dont know how this system works
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The wiring connections need to be checked leading to the circuit boards for any issues.If any connections are found to be loose or damaged in any way this can cause this fault and would need repaired.It is best to have either a dealer or experienced repair center look into your model for this fault here as they will have the correct test equipment as well as experience to fully diagnose and repair this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete