Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

My check oil warning light keeps coming on every few months

Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: It comes up with a exclamation mark and on the dashboard it says check oil level
Assistant: What is the model/year of your Peugeot?
Customer: It’s a 2010 207 make
Assistant: Are you fixing your 207 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I top up with oil but never know how much to put in!
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Think that’s it thank you

Hi..there..

What engine do you have?

When was its last service?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Engine size 1397 I believe it was serviced this year

Ok..Ive tried to find a pic of the type of dipstick in these cars going by peugeot part number for most 207's with 1.4 petrol engine..Ideally you want to be checking the level when the engine is cold and the car on a level surface if possible...

Pull the dipstick out - clean it - put it back and then pull out and take the reading - if its at the max mark then leave it - if its at the min level? top up a bit at a time. but do not overfill! - just until its eventually comes up to the the max mark on the end of the stick as you make checks on the stick....

If you do overfill too much then you need to a garage to drain it out and they will retop it...but the dipstick as in the pic should have 2 marks..the one nearest the end is the minimum level the one above that is the maximum level..but do not go over that mark..hope this helps

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That’s perfect thank you!

No problem..glad to help.. if you could leave a rating for me it would be much appreciated..thank you