Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Nathan. The rear tail light is out. I have replaced it with

Customer Question

Hi Nathan. The rear tail light is out. I have replaced it with a new one but still doesn't work. It is a 62 plate 208 diesel.
Assistant: Have you checked the bulbs? Have you checked the connection?
Customer: The bulb is new. I don't have anything to check the connection.
Assistant: Are you fixing your 62 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. It is Sunday evening so no garages open. It's my daughter's car and she want to drive home.
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that the bulb I took out that was not working was 10V, and all replacement bulbs from two petrol stations are 5V.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

YOu will want to try the correct voltage and wattage bulb to see if it then works.Make sure all fuses are good in all fuse panels as well.In allot of cases if an incorrect type bulb is installed it will cause this fault here.If you obtain the correct bulb needed and it still does not work and all fuses are good to check wiring running to the bulb for any issues with the wiring needing to be repaired.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete