Robert
Robert, Peugeot Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified 19+yrs exp/self employed technician in the UK
13210289

I have a peugeot 407 2l petrol 54 plate and spent £800 the

Customer Question

Hi I have a peugeot 407 2l petrol 54 plate and spent £800 the last few weeks on new plugs,coil pack an injector plus a icu board and still miss firing and cuts out,can you advice me please.Thank you Gina
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Peugeot
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Hi..there..

What sort of advice do you require?

Are there any engine lights on during this fault and if so what fault codes do you know are listed?

When it cuts out does it restart again or contiually turns over?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Engine management light..It does start but little power..Sorry for details as a women and don't know alot about cars,just know the garage is making a lot of money out of me.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If I call is it just one payment of £15..If so will get a male family member to speak as they know more..
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

Ok..no you dont have to call i can stat a few things below that should be checked..in my opinion going by what you have said upto this point it appears your current garage dont seem to be able to fix the problem anyway..so it could be something to bear in mind looking around somewhere else who has the equipment and know how to fix this...

A few things id say need to be checked..Obviously fault codes need to be checked and listed if the management light is on..once you know these then you have an idea what kind of problem you have - next would be a fuel presure test or filter change..if the fuel pump is weak then that can cause missfire and low power... oxygen/ lambda sensor readings observe short and long term fuel trims ideally / mechanically speaking compression test on all 4 cylinders..they could do that by usinga pico scope doing a relative compression test..so a few things id say need to be checked here..id say start of with fuel delivery / fuel filter and fuel pump performance first..

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thankyou..Had a full service a month ago and had all filters changed..Plugs,coI'll pack and injector 3,which they've changed twice now in 6 months..Not happy as they've done really the same thing what they done 6 months ago..Others have said fuel issues and have mentioned this..Thankyou again and just hope it doesn't cost me much more as just want it working to try and sell as a very clean car with low mileage. .
Expert:  Robert replied 1 month ago.

I see ok.. Testing these items as i mentioned above is key to finding the problem.or at least eliminate a few things first.. just replacing stuff here and there without testing first is bad practice and as you've seen yourself costing you money in the process..personally you need to find someone who knows what their doing and has the proper equipment to do these tests...Id say from here dont pay or agree to anything else to be replaced unless they can back it up with proper evidence/testing as the cause for the fault and guarantee what ever they replace will fix the car...