Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

when placing a call get message saying not registered for this

Customer Question

when placing a call get message saying not registered for this service
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 years ago.

p0llinate :

Hello, and welcome. My name is Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

First a brief overview of the process: This is a live chat format, so I’ll need to communicate back and forth with you. You’ve already paid a deposit or membership to post your question here. I am an independent tech, and am volunteering my time unpaid until our chat is concluded. At that time I’ll request you click the EXCELLENT smiley face to close out our chat. It is my intention to solve your problem with a quick, honest, and helpful answer and my goal is for a rating of Excellent Service. You may receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel I’ve earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Should you feel the need to provide a negative rating of Bad or Poor Service, please wait and let me know what I can do to clarify or more thoroughly answer your question instead. You are rating me personally, not this site or your product and negative rating will not initiate a refund. Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.

My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Let’s get started!

_________________________

p0llinate :

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:

1) If you have multiple handsets, does this happen with all of them? Are there other phones outside of this system in the building that are working properly.
2) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)
3) Do you have dsl service on the same line?
4) Full model of the phone(s) (printed on sticker on the base usually)