Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

ihave your phone & wold like to no why i can not get it to

Customer Question

ihave your phone & wold like to no why i can not get it to go Lynda Knight
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 years ago.

p0llinate :

Hello, and welcome. My name is Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

First a brief overview of the process: This is a live chat format, so I’ll need to communicate back and forth with you. You’ve already paid a deposit or membership to post your question here. I am an independent tech, and am volunteering my time unpaid until our chat is concluded. At that time I’ll request you click the EXCELLENT smiley face to close out our chat. It is my intention to solve your problem with a quick, honest, and helpful answer and my goal is for a rating of Excellent Service. You may receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel I’ve earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Should you feel the need to provide a negative rating of Bad or Poor Service, please wait and let me know what I can do to clarify or more thoroughly answer your question instead. You are rating me personally, not this site or your product and negative rating will not initiate a refund. Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.

My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Let’s get started!

_________________________

p0llinate :

Hi Lynda, sorry to hear you're having trouble with the Gigaset,

p0llinate :

is it just a single cordless handset you're having trouble with, or multiple handsets?

p0llinate :

Am I understanding you correctly that you have recently replaced the handset batteries?

p0llinate :

If you did change the batteries, and the display of the handset seems functional, but it just won't connect, then you likely need to re-register it to the base station:

p0llinate :

Full Size Image

p0llinate :

Click on the image above for instructions on the registration process.