Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Working with Electronics for 25+ years.
5229702

We are a restaurant business on Poole Quay.

Customer Question

We are a restaurant business on Poole Quay. We have an ancient Panasonis VA309 telephone system with 5 extensions. One of the extensions (cafe Bar)will not communicate with main office can you advise Nick XXXXXXX

Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  carlday1 replied 4 years ago.
Hi Nick,

Thank you for using Just Answer my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help with your question.

Does the faulty phone work at all can you ring other extensions?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Carl

Our system has 2 outgoing lines 1 with BT & 1 with Virgin

We have 5 handsets 1) Directors Office 2) Secretaries Office 1st Floor Restaurant, 1st Floor Kitchen, Ground Floor Cafe Bar.

We can therfore communicate within the building as well as dial lines out.

The problem is the Cafe bar phone will not communicate/connect to the restaurant. The cafe bar does intercom to all other areas.

The master 'phone for programming is the Secretaries office phone.

Expert:  carlday1 replied 4 years ago.
Hi Nick,

I am sorry but I cannot find my programming manual or the installation manual so I am unable to help you I will opt out and hopefully someone else will be able to help.

Carl
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What expert? He could not even find his instruction info!!!!!!!!!

Expert:  adamd-mod replied 4 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thanks for your patience,

Adam

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My experience with this form of assistance has been frustrating and unhepful. Full of negatives from the "expert" eg "can not find my manual" Silly requests for more information.

The information given in th first instant should have been sufficient for an "expert" to understand.

There is no point in further discussion. This method is like the childs game of "Ring of Roses" going around in circles and achieving nothing.

Please destroy my card details. Do not make any further transactions.