Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

Hi my phone line is down it comes up as this on my phone I

Customer Question

Hi my phone line is down it comes up as this on my phone I phoned XXXXXXXXXX they said thy ran a check and every thing is ok but still no line my No XXXXXXXXXXX name J XXXXXXX

Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 years ago.

Nathan :

Hello, and welcome. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I’ll be assisting you today.

First a brief overview of the process: This is a live chat format, so I’ll need to communicate back and forth with you. You’ve already paid a deposit or membership to post your question here. I am an independent tech, and am volunteering my time unpaid until our chat is concluded. At that time I’ll request you click the EXCELLENT smiley face to close out our chat. It is my intention to solve your problem with a quick, honest, and helpful answer and my goal is for a rating of Excellent Service. You may receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel I’ve earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Should you feel the need to provide a negative rating of Bad or Poor Service, please wait and let me know what I can do to clarify or more thoroughly answer your question instead. You are rating me personally, not this site or your product and negative rating will not initiate a refund. Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.

My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Let’s get started!

_________________________

Nathan :

Hi J, sorry to hear you're having trouble with the phones,

Nathan :

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:

1) If you have multiple handsets, does this happen with all of them?
2)Are there other phones outside of this system in the building that are working properly.
3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)
4) Do you have dsl service on the same line?
5) Full model of the phone(s) (printed on sticker on the base usually)

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I DONT KNOW HOW MANY TIMES I HAVE TO WRITE AN ASWER NO I AM NOT HAPPY AT ALL ONCE MORE I CAN PUNCH IN THE NUMBER ON MY PHONE BUT WHEN I PRESS THE GREEN BUTTON

IT COMES UP NO LINE AND THERE IS NO DIALING TONE

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 years ago.
Hi Joan,

The note you just sent (I DONT KNOW HOW MANY TIMES I HAVE TO WRITE AN ASWER NO I AM NOT HAPPY AT ALL ONCE MORE I CAN PUNCH IN THE NUMBER ON MY PHONE BUT WHEN I PRESS THE GREEN BUTTON

IT COMES UP NO LINE AND THERE IS NO DIALING TONE) is the only response that has been received.

For me to help, you need to respond back to me using the orange REPLY button, only from this page http://www.justanswer.co.uk/phone-systems/82fae-hi-phone-line-down-comes-phone.html?src=dn

Responding to an email won't work, your responses won't get to me.

I need for you to thoroughly answer all of the questions I asked earlier this morning:

Again, please reply with the above information by hitting the orange REPLY button below.

Thanks,
Nathan