Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

I have bought a Panasonic KX-TG6891E. I only need one phone

Customer Question

I have bought a Panasonic KX-TG6891E. I only need one phone because I live in a bungalow. The so-called Operating Instructions only give part of one part of page 13 to the single phone.
I have somehow managed to set up the date and time, though, don't understand how. There is frequent reference to the thing which looks like a biscuit with holes in it ( you can see it better on page 13 of the inset picture of the controls on the phone and it shown top right on the screen is no indication how you get it there or why, at this moment, but it seems the fundamental to use thereafter.
Tthings I would like to do include inserting names and numbers into the memory,inserting the names and numbers of recent callers. Many thanks for your help
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.

Nathan :

Hello, and welcome. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I’ll be assisting you today.

My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Let’s get started!

Nathan :

Hi there, sorry to hear you're having trouble.

Nathan :

I can send you a full copy of the manual for this phone if you'd like,

Nathan :

for the basics though, I believe the biscuit you are referring to is the "soft key" icon for the MENU function.

Nathan :

Basically, whenever you want to access the setup menu of the system, you'd press the button at the top right of the phone, just under the display, whenever that biscuit/menu icon is showing, and it will then take you into the menu.

Nathan :

You can view the full manual here: CLICK FOR LINK

Nathan :

If you get stuck, or need more specific help on a particular step, just let me know and I"ll be happy to guide you through.

JACUSTOMER-zgtlrhm3- :

hi Nathan

JACUSTOMER-zgtlrhm3- :

the manual you have guided me to is the one I told you I have. the only relevant page seems to be page13, as I said, the only button I have below the screen on the right is figure 3. after much fiddling I have got the biscuit to come up by pressing the red key and in the screen, it says. "Set day /time" which I have seen many times before, without any sign of how to do so..

Nathan :

Good morning,

Nathan :

sorry I missed you earlier, please understand I'm in a different time zone (in the US), this is no need to rate me negatively.

Nathan :

In your initial post, I was understanding you to say that your instructions were somehow incomplete or cut off, not that you were unable to understand them.

Nathan :

First, press the red button (off), to be sure the system is not actively on a call.

Nathan :

Then, press the menu button (the biscuit)

Nathan :

then use the up/down buttons (part of the round 4 way controller that contains up/down/left/right) to scroll down until you find the option for date/time.

Nathan :

As a shortcut, you can press the MENU key, followed by #101.

Nathan :

Note that if it's prompting you on screen to "set date/time" before you even press menu, you can just hit the OK button to proceed directly into the date/time setting. Detailed steps for this are on page 15 of your manual

Nathan :

excuse me, I meant page 16, in the lower left corner.

Nathan :

You just enter the date, and then the time, using the number keys on the handset, followed by OK to lock the setting.