Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

My telephones cannot contact the base unit and the operator

Customer Question

My telephones cannot contact the base unit and the operator tells me she cannot test line as it is engaged. I have homehub broad band and when I pick the phone up it cuts out and flashes orange and rad please help or send engineer thanks
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 years ago.

Nathan :

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:

1) If you have multiple handsets, does this happen with all of them?
2) Are there other phones outside of this system in the building that are working properly.
3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (meaning that the phones plug into the homehub modem)
4) Do you have dsl service on the same line?
5) Full model of the phone(s) (printed on sticker on the base usually)

JACUSTOMER-3d3c0lvx- :

yes

Nathan :

Hi there,

Nathan :

I will need more detail, if you can please answer each of my above questions individually.

JACUSTOMER-3d3c0lvx- :

2 phones, happens to both, now its gone ok . but when you use phone homehub goes off

JACUSTOMER-3d3c0lvx- :

this happens to both handsets

JACUSTOMER-3d3c0lvx- :

this happems to both handsets. there are no other phones.The line is BT to a BT Homehub which brings in broadband. the phone is BT 2000 twin set

Nathan :

Okay, this could be an issue with the BT phone base station, or a problem with the hub itself,

Nathan :

would it be possible for you to get another phone, just a basic corded one will do, if you can borrow briefly from a friend/neighbor, and plug that in where the bt base is currently,

Nathan :

if that has the same problem, then we know it is a problem with the hub

Nathan :

if it works normally, then we'll know it is a problem with the cordless base station,

JACUSTOMER-3d3c0lvx- :

thanks very much. I will change equipment

JACUSTOMER-3d3c0lvx- :

Thanks be in touch

Nathan :

You're welcome, will watch for your update.
Nathan