Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Phone Engineer
32989067

how can I recover/save recordings from a panasonic dmr xw3

how can I recover/save recordings from a panasonic dmr xw380
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

To clarify, you want to playback recordings you have made in the past, and you are unaware how to do this?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No. I am about to discontinue using the Panasonic DMR XW380 Freeview tuner/recorder and I would like to retrieve from the HDD films etc that I have recorded.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for clarifying Edward.

You cannot copy the films from the device, as it only accepts input from the USB, not Output (which is needed to get the films off the hard drive).

This is due to this limitation, plus the format is not readable from the computer (so even if you removed the hard drive and put it into a computer, you would need to format it first, which would remove all the data).

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.