Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

I REPLACED THE BATTERYS ON MY 5 PHONE SYSTEM 3 from kx-tcd150e

Customer Question

I REPLACED THE BATTERYS ON MY 5 PHONE SYSTEM 3 from kx-tcd150e and 2 from KX-TG1611E and made sure they were al on charge for 24h+
I must have changed some settings as I cannot now get the handsets to give a constant dialling tone or make a connection to an external phone.
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 years ago.

Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Nathan :

Hi there, sorry to hear you're having trobule,

Nathan :

*trouble.

Nathan :

Are all 5 handsets using the same base station, or do you have 2 separate base stations/systems here? Which base model are you using?

Nathan :

As a first step, please try resetting the system: 1) unplug both power and phone lines from the main base.
2) remove batteries from all handsets
3) wait at least 15 minutes, then restore all
4) place a handset on the main base for a minute, as if to charge
5) check for functionality.

Nathan :

Failing that, you can attempt to re-register each of the handsets

Nathan :

go into the menu on the handset, down to setup, then settings (hs), then register hs

Nathan :

then press and hold the intercom/locator button on the base station for 5 seconds
return to the handset and it will ask you for the base pin, which by default is 0000

Nathan :

press OK, and the registration will complete.

Nathan, Engineer
Experience: Residential and commercial systems.
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 years ago.
Hi Mike, I received a note that you were unable to view my prior notes. I'll repost them here for you:
Nathan :
Nathan : Hi there, sorry to hear you're having trobule,
Nathan : *trouble.
Nathan : Are all 5 handsets using the same base station, or do you have 2 separate base stations/systems here? Which base model are you using?
Nathan : As a first step, please try resetting the system: 1) unplug both power and phone lines from the main base.
2) remove batteries from all handsets
5) check for functionality.
Nathan : Failing that, you can attempt to re-register each of the handsets
Nathan : go into the menu on the handset, down to setup, then settings (hs), then register hs
Nathan : then press and hold the intercom/locator button on the base station for 5 seconds
Nathan : press OK, and the registration will complete.

You can get back to me with the orange reply button.

Nathan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Nathan

Thanks for sorting out the reply method.

The system has 2 base stations both Panasonic

3 Phones on KX-TCD150E

2 Phones on KX-TG1611E

I had already tried your solutions based on guidance from SKY without any success.

To be sure I have repeated the process as detailed by yourself but cannot make any progress.

Further details of the system are:-

5 phones (3+2)

Connection to SKY Box

Connection to PC

Current system will receive incoming calls only and attempts to dial out are met with the Missed Calls tone. When trying to dial out I can just hear the faint dialling tone under the Missed Call tone but no connection results.

Any further comments would be welcome

Mike

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

SKY confirm they have tested the line an is OK

I tried a stand alone phone I all sockets and the fault persists.

Sky help line is very poor and unhelpful breaking contact before solution given.

Is there any facility to purge all or any calls waiting to be returned?

Mike

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 years ago.
Hi Mike,
my thought here is that it really is a line issue. Having the same issue with a standalone phone would tend to confirm that.

That sped up dial tone indicating a missed call or waiting voicemail, is a function of the sky service, not the panasonic system. Perhaps you can ask them to discontinue those features on your phone (use built in answering machine on one of the panasonic systems instead if available).

Otherwise, if you think it may be a conflict with the missed call/message indicator on the pansonic systems, you can usually clear that by pressing and holding the OFF button on the handset for 5 seconds.

If this doesn't help, I think you'll need to insist that sky dispatch an engineer to your home to physically test the equipment on site. The remote diagnostics that they do are really only between their central office/server and the local dmarc (a junction box that could be a mile up the street from you). What they really need to test is the wiring and connections from there to the curb, to the box mounted outside the house, etc.