MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt,
11519491

The voice volume is very low & I have to use the speakerphone

The voice volume is very low & I have to use the speakerphone facility to hear the a conversation. Is it possible to adjust the volume?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 3 years ago.
I am Tech Michael and I will be assisting you today.
Please be patient with us as these are technical questions and some testing may be required.
It may take a bit of back and forth conversation to be sure we have all the information in order to make a proper diagnosis.
May I have the model # XXXXX how old the unit is?
Also when did this problem occur?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Model No tg6481e. Approx 4 years old. Problem occurred 6/9 months ago. No previous attempt to have it rectified has been made.
Thanks Jim.
First lets be sure its not just a confused processor.
Please unplug the phone from power and any phone lines then wait 20 minutes then reconnect everything. Please let me know if this has any effect on this issue.
tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Disconnected power & telephone connections for .40 mins. No change in problem.
Thank you Jim,
This is a problem i have seen quite a few times before and the best way to fix this is to send it in for repair. This is a control board issue that requires parts and surface mount soldering which is very precise technology.
I wish I had better news for you but it can be fixed.
PLEASE CALL THIS #: For the Republic of Ireland please dial 01(NNN) NNN-NNNN
I will stick with you until this is fixed but since this may take some time, if you will rate my service in a positive fashion thus far before you close this page, the system will allow me to schedule free follow ups with you and also ensure your question will NOT close or time out;-)
You will then be able to contact me at anytime at no additional cost until we have this fixed for you.
Thank you Jim.
Tech Michael