Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

Hi there, I have a BT 7610 cordless phone, batteries fully

Hi there, I have a BT 7610 cordless phone, batteries fully charged but cannot get a dialling tone to dial out
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.

Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Nathan :

Hi there, sorry to hear you're having trouble,

Nathan :

do you have any other phones in the home (not part of the BT cordless unit)? If so, are they working normally?

Nathan :

I ask as this could be either a hardware or configuration problem with the BT system, OR it may be a problem with the telephone line/service

Customer:

No other phones only a mobile

Nathan :

Okay, well without being able to test another phone, there is no definitive way to know the source of the problem,

Nathan :

could you possibly borrow a basic corded phone from a friend or neighbor to check if the line is functional?

Nathan :

What was in place before the BT phone was connected?

Customer:

sorry I have been so long. it was my old phone that was in place before

Nathan :

One thing you might try, is to manually register the handset, in case it isn't properly linked to the base station. On the handset press MENU, then scroll down to Settings, then to Register. Then press and hold the FIND button on the base station, until it beeps and flashes. Then go to the handset and press OK and enter the system pin (0000 by default)

Nathan :

Do you still have the old phone to test, if it is still working?

Customer:

I will try what you are saying hold on

Nathan :

Okay

Customer:

sorry it does not seem to want to work . I do have my old phone but it will take me a while to find it now, but I will try what you say once I find it

Nathan :

Okay

Nathan :

Note that if the handset is already registered to the base properly (it should be from the factory) then the registration steps won't accomplish anything,

Nathan :

that was more just in case the phone was not registered, so it is probably normal that it didn't do anything

Nathan :

which would also though tend to indicate that either there is a problem with the base station (hardware fault, dead from the factory), or that there is an issue with the line

Customer:

ok Nathan. I will try my old phone once I find it , thanks for your help anyway I need to get moving . I can always take it ba ckto the shop and exchange it

Nathan :

That would be my suggestion as well.

Nathan :

If you have any further trouble, feel free to get back in touch.

Nathan :

Good luck!

Customer:

take the cash . and have a drink on me. bye for now

Nathan, Engineer
Experience: Residential and commercial systems.