Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Phone Engineer
32989067

hello we have a Panasonic 7730 phone system. for some unknown

Customer Question

can you answer please

Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you tell me please the problem you are having?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hello Richie, we have a Panasonic 7730 system with four handsets. two lines come in on this, both on(NNN) NNN-NNNN4164.

we have no idea why, but the phones don't ring anymore when someone calls us???

other problem is that line 7 lights up all the time but we don't know either what that means or how to end switch it off.

i am now not home till thursday evening as i am travelling but i could instruct my wife if you have any suggestions.

not your fault by the way, but the Just Answer website and way of dealing with customers is hopeless.

will i hear from you? thank you and best regards XXXXX XXXXX

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Danny

It appears you turned off ringing.

To turn it on, have your wife go to page 4-46 on the manual here

Click me to view

You will want to return the ring group to normal.

The quick guide is to

*#1234 408
Enter 2 to select CO 2
Press until it says enable
Then press to select the next extn and press to enable and repeat until you have enabled all extensions
Then press to save and to exit

You need to do this on the phone connected to extension jack 1, and this is assuming the programming code hasn't been changed from the default 1234

It will then return to normal operations.

I am sorry about the website, I am just a engineer here, so have no control over it, but will pass on your comments.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you for responding promptly. too complex for my wife so i shall attempt this thursday night or friday as am hardly home this week. can i then still reach you? you are saying i just press *#1234 408 and then
Enter 2 to select CO 2 etc. is this with the phone on the hook? we only have two lines so i assume that will be just the two times to do this??

and how to eliminate the 7 lighting up permanently??

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
This should eliminate the 7 lighting up.

I have marked the question to never close Danny, so any problems doing this, just let me know at any time, no time limit on this.