Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Phone Engineer
32989067

BT Graphite 1500. When I press the "Open Phonebook" key, nothing

BT Graphite 1500. When I press the "Open Phonebook" key, nothing happens. After several presses I get a saved number but when Ipress the green dialling button nothing happens. I know some problems can be solved by taking out and replacing batteries but the cover on the back of the handset seems jammed (it has never been off before)
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

It is either residual power causing this, or the memory is faulting.

I know the cover on the back is jammed, but we really need to remove the batteries to remove residual power as the cause of the problem.

It will come off, can you try removing it with a cloth to get better traction?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i have removed back with aid of a thin blade . have removed and changed batteries . It seems to be o.k. now

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Yes, it was the residual power that was the problem Kenneth, we had to do this step.

It will be ok now.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.