Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Phone Engineer
32989067

I have an unused phone socket in my kitchen. Do I have to keep

I have an unused phone socket in my kitchen. Do I have to keep it as no phone is connected to it now?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

No, there is no reason you have to keep it. You can remove the socket with no problems.

If at a later date you wish to again use it, you can just install the socket again.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So there is no risk that by removing the socket the phone line will be disconnection?

The socket is in the way at the moment. What happens to the wiring behind the socket/

Delia

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
No, even if all sockets in the house were removed, the line still would not be disconnected.

You can leave the wiring there when you remove the socket (preferred so you could easily install it again in the future if needed).

Or you can have the wiring removed if you really wish, but there would be no benefit to this Delia.

Feel free to ask if you would like more information please.