Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

I have new KX-TG2722E phones. Fully charged up. Can not make

I have new KX-TG2722E phones. Fully charged up. Can not make calls. Handset makes the usual noise when dialling but no ring tone at the other end.
BT say land line is ok.
W
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 years ago.

Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Nathan :

Do you get a dial tone prior to dialing?

Nathan :

Do you get any error message on the handsets, like "no line" or "no link to base", or "line in use"?

Nathan :

Do you have any other phones in the home (not part of the new cordless system) that are otherwise functional?

Customer:

1,No

Nathan :

Good morning,

Customer:

No error message

Nathan :

This symptom can indicate either a problem with the line (phone company equipment or the wiring in your home) OR a hardware failure in the base station (since the issue happens with all handsets). We most often see this type of damage to the base unit as the result of a power surge, either through the phone or power lines, though if new it could be faulty right from the factory or was damaged in shipping.

Customer:

No error message.No other phones.No dial tone.

Nathan :

BT only tests the line remotely from their end, they aren't able to check other possible causes of line failure including the wiring in your home or at the junction box at street level.

Nathan :

To be able to isolate the problem further, you would need to test another phone, preferably a basic corded model

Nathan :

can you borrow one temporarily from a friend/neighbor, or go buy a cheap one to test?

Nathan :

If you have the same problem with another phone (which I would suspect is the case) then the line is bad, and BT would need to send an engineer out to do some more detailed diagnostic testing on site

Nathan :

If the other phone works properly, then the panasonic base station is defective, and the system would need to be replaced. Your best option there would be to return it to the retailer and have them exchange it for a working unit.

Nathan :

The handsets are preregistered at the factory, and if they weren't registered would give an error message