Richard, Engineer
Experience:  Phone Engineer
32989067

I have no incoming calls or outgoing calls on my house pho

I have no incoming calls or outgoing calls on my house phone
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you tell me when this problem started please?

And how is your phone provider? eg: BT

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My problem started yesterday my provider is BT I think,I'm in my 70s so I am not very technically minded
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you Frances

It is likely a line outage that is causing this, so we will confirm this.

Can you click on my link below, enter your phone number and tell me the results of whether there is a line outage in your area please.

https://www.bt.com/consumerFaultTracking/public/faults/reporting.do?pageId=21

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

XXXXX.XXXXXX

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

I ran a check on your number via the link I gave, and it does indicate there is a fault on the line (not related to your phone) but for the line itself.

You need to wait until BT have resolved this, and it can take up to 24 hours. For an accurate time, you would need to call 0800 800 151 from a working phone, but usually this takes up to 24 hours to resolve.

If you still have any issues then, please let me know here, this is no problem.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Will BT know about this problem automatically?
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
yes, as it is registered on their system (this is what I just checked for you) so they are aware of it Frances, they just need to resolve it.