Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience.
15852642

I bought a pair of BT4500 on Friday. All we can hear is noise.

I bought a pair of BT4500 on Friday. All we can hear is noise. There are no other phones or electrical devices in the room. We cannot hear the dialling tone. We cannot hear messages left on the answerphone. We have never had this trouble with previous phones. What should I do?
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Have you tried a different phone cable to connect it to the phone jack? A bad cable can cause this issue.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Freddy M I've changed the cable as you suggest. Made no difference. What can I try next?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
If you disconnect the cable all together and pick up the handset do you still hear the noise?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Freddy M I have disconnected the cord. No noise. Only a message on the screen telling me to check the line cord. We also have some old phones with cords and they have no noise. They are not in the same part of the house as the new phones. What next?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Ok next is to rule out the wall jack, the easiest way to do that is connect these phones in the room with the ones that do not have the noise. Let me know if they do the same thing.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Freddy M

I've just discovered that all our old phones have some sort of filter on the incoming cord. So I've tried a Speedtouch ADSL filter from on old phone on the new one and it seems to have cleared the noise. Thank you so much for your help. If you hadn't drawn my attention to the cord I would never have noticed this filter. Thanks again.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.

.
You're welcome and please don't forget to leaver a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.