Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience.
15852642

Gigaset C595 main base station not charging batteries? Other

Gigaset C595 main base station not charging batteries? Other bases charging their batteries which also tied in main base
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name isXXXXX look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
If you switch one of the other handsets to this base do they charge?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No Freddy, if anything they lose charge but then charge correctly on tneir own base, I also tried switching the batteries to no avail. . .

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
If you put the phone that was on this base on another one does it charge?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes Freddy it ctually does; however when on main base the charge icon shows but it stil loses power

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Ok using cotton swabs and a small amount of alcohol clean the contacts on the base itself. Then unplug it for about 10 minutes. Plug it back in and test it again. This will tell us if the contacts were not catching properly or if you have a failing part.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX you know result either way later, bye for now

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Please do, and take all the time you need.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It has worked! Waited till this morning to make absolutely sure. Thanks as I am disabled, mother-in-law was taken into hospital and phone was absolutely essential.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
You're welcome and please don't forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.