Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

My phone, modelTG6622EB21E Twin Dect, has the message CHECK

My phone, modelTG6622EB21E Twin Dect, has the message CHECK PHONE LINE. I cannot send or receive calls. I have checked the phone line jack and the power in, nothing wrong there. Please can u help. Thanks, Fiona
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 years ago.

Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. We’ll get started chatting here. I am also sending you an offer so you can reach me directly me by phone if preferred. Feel free to ignore it for now, it will be available to you at any time if you need to get more help after our chat.

Nathan :

Hi Fiona,

Customer:

Hello Nathan.

Nathan :

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:

1) Do you have this problem with BOTH of the panasonic cordless handsets?
2) Are there other phones, outside of this system but on the same line that are working properly?

Customer:

Yes, both phones. No others.

Nathan :

Thanks,

Nathan :

This symptom can indicate either a problem with the line (phone company equipment or the wiring in your home) OR a hardware failure in the base station (since the issue happens with all handsets). We most often see this type of damage to the base unit as the result of a power surge, either through the phone or power lines.

Nathan :

If possible, it would be extremely helpful if you could test another phone, just a basic corded model would be best.

Nathan :

Could you possible borrow one from a friend/neighbor for a few minutes?

Nathan :

That would help us to isolate the issue and confirm the source. Otherwise, we would have to assume it is a panasonic failure,

Nathan :

Assuming it is a panasonic issue,

Nathan :

The one thing you may attempt yourself is to fully reset the system:
1) unplug both power and phone lines from the main base.
2) remove batteries from all handsets
3) wait at least 15 minutes, then restore all
4) place a handset on the main base for a minute, as if to charge
5) check for functionality.

Nathan :

If the problem persists after this, it tends to confirm a hardware failure which would require repairs to correct. Unfortunately once the 1 year warranty is up, repairs are not practical, and the base alone cannot be replaced. The most economical option in this case is to replace the entire system.

Nathan :

If it does come to that, this is a comparable system I'd recommend:
Panasonic KX-TG6822GB (click for link)

Customer:

Ok.I will try the reset option as I dont have a corded phone I could use. Shall I keep my contact open with you while we wait as I have now unplugged the base station?.

Customer:

I shall contact you when the 15 minutes have passed.

Nathan :

THanks, ***** ***** for your update.

Nathan :

YOu may keep this open or return later, your choice.

Customer:

I'd like to keep this open. I should know in the next 10 minutes if the reset has helped solve the problem.

Nathan :

Ok

Customer:

Same error message! Thanks for helping me check. I will follow your advice about another model to buy.

Customer:

I am satisfied. I rated Excellent Service! There's something wrong with the software as the window below said I wasn't !!

Customer:

Nathan, I cannot get into a loop over my rating here! I rated the service excellent.

Nathan :

Looks like it went through. Thanks for the positive rating, it is greatly appreciated!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I bought a new Panasonic phone. Then Virgin Media sent an engineer round as the new phone showed the same 'check phone line' message!

Engineer discovered fault in local junction box and problem caused by loose wire. Easily fixed but has cost me a lot!