Nathan
Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Residential and commercial systems.
59725966

I have a Panasonic telephone system, KX-A141ES bought some

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic telephone system, KX-A141ES bought some years ago. It has a base station and 3 extensions. All work beautifully except for one hand set. I have replaced the batteries but it will not charge on any station. Help please. Isobel
Category: Phone Systems
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. We’ll get started chatting here.

If you’d prefer support beyond the chat format, you may also reach me directly via phone or a remote support session. I’ll send an additional services offer for these options - feel free to ignore it for now, it will be available to you at any time during or after our conversation.

Nathan :

Unfortunately, what you are describing would tend to indicate that the charging circuit inside this particular handset is defective. These units do wear out with age, which is likely what you are experiencing.

Nathan :

This is a pretty old system, and at about 9 years old is past its expected service life.

Nathan :

The one thing you may attempt yourself is to fully reset the system:
1) unplug both power and phone lines from the main base.
2) remove batteries from the faulty handset
3) wait at least 15 minutes, then restore all
4) place handset on the main base for a minute, as if to charge
5) check for functionality.

Nathan :

If it still doesn't work at this point, it would confirm a hardware fault within the handset.

Nathan :

Because of the age of the system though, and the scarcity of this particular model, there are no longer any replacement parts available. The best you could hope for is to find a used handset (ebay) to replace this one.

Nathan :

Realistically though, it would be more cost effective to simply replace the entire system.

Nathan :

The alternative would be to simply abandon the 1 handset and use the system with the remaining 2 for as long as it will last.

Nathan :

If you'd like though, I'll be happy to suggest some replacement options for you, just let me know.

Nathan :

Hi there, I see you've left a negative rating for me, though I haven't heard back from you at all. Rating me poorly won't fix the problem, or affect your payment. It isn't communicated with the maker of your product, or this site.

Rather a negative rating only serves to harm my professional reputation, and is effectively blaming me for your hardware problem. This is extremely unfair to me, when I've spent my personal time, unpaid, in a good faith effort to assist with the question for which you solicited my services.

I would greatly appreciate if you'd be kind enough to at least give me the courtesy of a reply so that we may communicate further, and give me a reasonable chance to resolve this issue for you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The only reply I seemed to get was to buy another system. However I now have your full reply and am satisfied with your answer. Am happy to re-rate.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.

Thank you Isobel. Hopefully the reset will help. If not, here is a replacement system I'd suggest

Thank you Isobel.

Hopefully the reset will help.

If not, here is a replacement system I'd suggest:

Panasonic KX-TG8063EB Triple Colour (click for link)